The deadline to register to vote for Georgia’s upcoming Senate runoff elections is fast approaching.
Voters who are not currently registered or who need to update their registration must do so before the December 7 deadline.
To register to vote in Georgia, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a legal resident of the county
- Be at least 17 1/2 years of age to register and 18 years of age to vote
- Not be serving a sentence for conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude
- Have not been found mentally incompetent by a judge.
You can register online or by mail. To register by mail, you will need to download and complete the postage-paid voter registration application and mail it to the Secretary of State’s office.
The runoff is necessary because no candidates in either of Georgia’s two US Senate races received a majority of the vote on November 3. The runoff is scheduled for January 5. Early voting begins on December 14.